Programmatic authentication still requires login?

Topics: Developer Forum
Nov 25, 2009 at 5:28 AM

I am using this code from the sample web application

// API Key and Shared secret automatically 
 // loaded from the web.config file
 FlickrNet.Flickr flickr = new FlickrNet.Flickr();

// Want to request "read" access so call the AuthCalcWebUrl method.
string auth_url = flickr.AuthCalcWebUrl(FlickrNet.AuthLevel.Read);

// Redirect to that URL

The problem I am having is that if I am not logged into with the account I am using, the "Authenticate Me" button first requires me to login on the login screen. Is there a way to bypass this? In other words, is there a way to programmatically log into my flickr account in

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:53 PM

So, I am starting to understand, but I am STILL NOT able to log in my viewers automatically/programmatically.

I have my ApiKey and Secret in my web.config file

I have my AuthToken hard coded in a String varaible. Now, what I am trying to accomplish is to log in a viewer into my PhotoStream automatically WITHOUT them having to sign into Is that not possible?

When running my code I see that my flickrNet object IS authenticated. So, to what URL can I now send my viewers in order for them to not only see the PhotoStream (I was able to do that with a GuestToken) but also edit the photos (tags, description). I know this scenario is weird, but we basically have one company-wide flickr account that IT manages, but the users and contributors for this account are not supposed to know the login. So, I, as the developer need to find a way to log them into our flickr account programmatically with the ApiKey, Secret, and AuthToken. There must be a way, right?

Nov 30, 2009 at 9:32 AM

It sounds like what you are trying to do is not possible. You cannot 'log people in' to the actual Flickr web site using the Flickr API.

The only thing you can do via the API is use the API - e.g. call for the photos you want to update the title for etc.