Flickr Galleries list.

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Apr 13, 2012 at 4:49 PM

HI,

I want to get a public galleries list, which method can I use?

Thanks,

Bean

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2012 at 7:04 PM

If you ever want to know what method to call just search the api docs. http://www.flickr.com/services/api/

There is a one to one mapping between them and the .net library.

GalleriesGetList returns galleries for a user. GalleriesGetListForPhoto gets galleries a photo is in. There is no method to get 'random' public galleries.

Sam

Apr 14, 2012 at 2:36 AM

OKAY,THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Apr 17, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Hi,

I got one more doubt for you, since there is no method to get random galleries,but I noticed that official flickr application in WP7 has the gallery list without login, how did they do that?

Thanks,

Bean

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Err, no it doesn't. The official WP7 Flickr app doesn't contain anything about Galleries, logged in or logged out. Logged out you can't view anything.

Sam

Apr 17, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Hi,

In the Pivot item one, it is explore, in pivot item two, the title is Galleries, is it a galleries list?

Thanks,

Bean

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2012 at 9:14 AM

That must be a old version of the App, as the current version doesn't have those features.

As for how Flickr do it, I'm not sure. Maybe they have some other methods for this that aren't public, or maybe they maintain their own static list of featured galleries that they can call on.

Sam

Apr 17, 2012 at 9:16 AM

okay, I got it, thank you very much!

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I've just remembered that there is the InGallery search option, so you could search for photos that are in galleries, and then find out what galleries those photos are in perhaps?

Sam

Apr 17, 2012 at 3:12 PM

okay, thank you!