PhotosetsGetPhotos and Description

Topics: User Forum
May 20, 2008 at 5:34 PM
When I call PhotosetsGetPhotos, I get back an array of Photo items... as far as I can tell even using the PhotoSearchExtras.All, I cannot get the Description property back w/ a Photo item? Is Description only aviliable in the PhotoInfo object? So the only way to get all the descriptions for all the photos in a given set, woulld be to use PhotosetsGetPhotos to get the list and then call PhotoInfo for each item in that list?

Thanks,
Ken
May 20, 2008 at 8:57 PM
Ah, so it seems like accidently downloaded an old version... PhotosetsGetPhotos now returns a PhotoSet which has a PhotoCollection... but there still doesn't seem to be anyway to see the Description...

Thanks,
Ken
Coordinator
May 22, 2008 at 11:23 AM
Yeah, none of the *GetPhotos methods return the description - if you want that you'll have to use the PhotosGetInfo method.
Sep 7, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Hi,

Sorry to pull up an old post. Can I just confirm this is still the case?

I am using the PhotosetsGetPhotos to pull all the photos, but is it not showing the Description when trying to call it.

I have a page where I am binding this collection to a listview and I would like to show the Title and Description.

Thanks

Adam.

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2010 at 7:41 PM

No, actually the description is now available by including the PhotoSearchExtras.Description in most *GetPhotos method calls.

Sam