Using FlickrNet API with Visual Basic Express 2010?

Topics: User Forum
Aug 15, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Is it possible to use the FlickrNet API with Visual Basic Express 2010? I am trying to write a program for Flickr, but the only languages I know are Visual Basic and a little bit of Delphi. I tried opening the FlickrNet API Examples, and it converted everything. I could open the program but I get errors like this:

BadImageFormatException was unhandled "Could not load file or assembly 'FlickrNet, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxxxxxx' or one of its dependencies. Es wurde versucht, eine Datei mit einem falschen Format zu laden."

Aug 15, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Well there is nothing that should stop you using VB.Net in theory. I've done it myself.

Are you targeting 64-bit or 32-bit? I think the DLL is 32-bit, so that might be an issue.

Also try downloading the latest version, and see if that helps.

Aug 15, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Thank you Sam! Your hint helped me solve the problem with the Example App for Visual Studio 2008. Since I am on a 64bit system and started the project-file, it was somehow converted for 64-bit target. Therefore, I had to manually add <PlatformTarget>x86</PlatformTarget> in the vbproj-file. After that, it worked! I don't know exactly what I did, but at least I can start now. Here is the Info from MS: