passing login credentials to browser

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Aug 3, 2011 at 10:07 PM

I have uploaded the photos to Filckr website using FilckrNet API . Now I m launching the browser with www.flickr.com URL  to see whether the photos have been uploaded sucessfully. 

But here I need to pass the login credentials to the web browser .  I have already passed the login the credentials to the web browser for authenticating my application. Is there any way I can do login only once. The login should be valid for authenticating the application and also same credentials needs to be used by the browser. 

Some way or the other I should pass the login credentials to my web browser to login to filckr url (www.flickr.com)

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2011 at 10:34 PM

If the user logged in via the browser and chose "remember by details" or whatever the option is then it should stay logged in.

Since you do not actually have access to the login credentials then there is no other way.

Sam

Aug 4, 2011 at 6:37 AM

actually its not happening ... while authenticating to FilckrAPI using the web browser I select the option  Keep Signed In . After sucessful authentication I navigate to main page in my application. After that I try to launch the browser but still its asking me to sign in and does not read the login credentials automatically. 

Question2: Even if the above case suceeds if the user wants to logout I need to delete the cookies . Is there anyway which I could do it . Please help me out

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2011 at 7:25 AM

Are we still talking Windows Phone 7?

I'm assuming the authentication is being done inside a WebBrowser instance, and the second login is in the normal internet explorer instance?

In which case there is no way to avoid the issue you are seeing. Neither is there any way to delete cookies on the phone.

Sam

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Yes I was talking about WP7 only .... I thought it would be nice to have such feature in my app . Hope some body comes up with a solution in the future .... :) . Thanks a lot