Setting AuthToken Resets HttpTimeout

Topics: Developer Forum
Apr 16, 2011 at 3:49 AM

It seems like setting the AuthToken property on a Flickr object instance also resets the HttpTimeout on that instance to 30 seconds. Anyone know if this is intentional or a bug ?

In my case I intermittently (or with very large files) get errors on upload when the time out is only 30 seconds and so I've increased it, but I didn't realise the value got reset when I changed auth tokens and it caused me issues. I can alter the code to reset the timeout again each time I change the auth token, but if this is a bug I'd rather have it fixed in FlickrNet than work around it in my code.

Apr 18, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Setting the AuthToken property does not reset the HttpTimeout property at all, so I'm not sure how think this is happeneing (you can check the source if you don't believe me).

Perhaps you could show us some of the code you are using?

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Hi Sam,

No need to check the source, I trust you !

Actually I just tried reproducing this in a test project and couldn't, so I'm pretty sure it is a problem in my code (sorry, I should have checked that before posting here).

I only posted because the evidence I see in the debugger is that the timeout property is set to my desired property prior to setting the auth token, and when I step into on that line it steps over it and then the timeout property is back to 30 seconds, but I see no other code of my own running. Not sure what's going on, but presume it's just me being an idiot. I'll investigate further on my end.

Thanks for the help.