Several problems w/ downloading from a particular account...

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 15, 2008 at 4:20 AM
First, it seems "PeopleFindByUsername" isn't finding the user, and even if I go to Flickr and search by the username, it won't come up, but the user exists. So instead I changed my code to use the user id instead.

Second problem - in downloading photos, is that it seems the "secret" as retrieved by the API is different than the real photo's secret id. I also have this same problem with another account (retrieving the user works for this second account, but a lot of the photos have incorrect URLs because the secret seems incorrect.)

I ran my code through 4-5 other accounts, and everything works fine, so this makes me wonder if something is messed up with Flickr in general for certain accounts, or....? I am running library version 2.1.5

Thanks!
Mar 15, 2008 at 1:25 PM
Ok, I think I resolved most of this after finding several threads here referencing PhotosGetSizes. Here's my code to find the largest picture available - does this look correct?

string sURL;
if (photo.OriginalFormat == null)
{
Sizes sizes = flickr.PhotosGetSizes(photo.PhotoId);
FlickrNet.Size size = sizes.SizeCollection[sizes.SizeCollection.Length-1];

sURL = size.Source;
}
else
sURL = photo.OriginalUrl;

I still have the strange "PeopleFindByUsername" problem with one user - has anyone seen this before? I can get around it by figuring out the userid and using that instead, but it's odd.
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2008 at 11:03 AM
Looks pretty good to me.