OriginalURL

Mar 4, 2008 at 9:51 PM
Edited Mar 4, 2008 at 11:54 PM
Hi

I am searching the photos of a user by setting options

options.Extras |= PhotoSearchExtras.OriginalFormat | PhotoSearchExtras.DateUploaded;

But the originalurl is coming as exception

OriginalUrl 's.PhotoCollection0.OriginalUrl' threw an exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' string {System.InvalidOperationException}

I would like to save the original photo by that url.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2008 at 10:53 AM
Hi

Original URL is only available if the user is a Pro Flickr user. Original image, though stored, are not available to non-Pro users.

I hope this helps.

Sam
Mar 5, 2008 at 4:57 PM
Thanks for your response.

Can you suggest me which url I can use to save the photo.

What is the mediumurl.

Coordinator
Mar 5, 2008 at 10:30 PM
There is a helper property for each size that a photo may be available in (note the may). I'd recommend Medium being the most reliable as most photos will have a Medium sized image. If you want anything larger then you'd be best adviced to use PhotosGetSizes to get the list of sizes and urls that are definitely available.
Mar 5, 2008 at 10:53 PM
I tried to save the image by using largeurl property and that saved as template photo not avaialable.

Can't I use the largeurl property.

samjudson wrote:
There is a helper property for each size that a photo may be available in (note the may). I'd recommend Medium being the most reliable as most photos will have a Medium sized image. If you want anything larger then you'd be best adviced to use PhotosGetSizes to get the list of sizes and urls that are definitely available.

Coordinator
Mar 6, 2008 at 2:06 PM
I just told you the answer to that - all the Url properties are just helper classes that calculate what the url for that particular size would be (if that size existed). They do not ensure that that size exists).

Use PhotosGetSizes instead if you want to know if which sizes exist.