Upload Video and photo up to 1 megabyte

Sep 8, 2010 at 8:10 AM
Edited Sep 8, 2010 at 8:13 AM

I get error "The request was aborted: The request was canceled." when i upload photo and video up to 1 mb using FlickrNet.dll version 3.1

please help me!

Sep 8, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Sorry, but do you mean you get the error if the file is larger than 1MB?

I can upload 2 and 3MB files with no particular problem.

Can you ensure you are using the very latest version of the FlickrNet library.

What is your network connection like? Are you doing this over wireless or connected directly to your router?

Sep 8, 2010 at 8:35 AM

yes, larger than 1MB.

I use the wired Internet and i can upload files larger than 100MB. i use lastest Flickrnet.dll

here my code (C#):

FlickrNet.Flickr flickr = new FlickrNet.Flickr(APIKey,SharedSecret,AuthToken);
string photoId = flickr.UploadPicture(Filepath, Title, Description, Tag, true, true, true);
 return photoId;

Sep 8, 2010 at 8:56 AM

I download demo (ExampleApplication.zip) from this link (http://flickrnet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Examples&referringTitle=Home) to run photo upload capacity greater than 1MB i get that error.

Sep 8, 2010 at 1:29 PM

I've just uploaded a 4MB video using the latest FlickrNet library and it worked fine.

I did get the error you see above if I debugged the code and stepped through it so I think it might be networked related or something, but I don't think it's related to anything in the code.

Sep 11, 2010 at 11:18 PM

I think the timeout is set to 30 seconds.

If the upload takes longer it returns the error.

Can this be?

Sep 13, 2010 at 12:17 PM

There are three choices here - either the you are using the latest version and the HttpTimeout property is not hooked up to the web request - in which case the default timeout of 100 seconds applies.

Alternatively you are using an old version of the DLL and the timeout is 30 seconds, in which case you can set the HttpTimeout property to something larger (its in milliseconds).

A third option would be to use the UploadPictureAsync method, which doesn't have the same timeout issues.

I will hook the HttpTimeout back up with the web request and reset the default to 100 seconds as well in the source code.