System.UnauthorizedAccessException 'Flickr.Net'

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 22, 2010 at 8:45 AM

I am getting the following error when i tried to integrate flickr to DNN website.

Access to the path 'FlickrNetCache' is denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'FlickrNet' is denied.

May i know why this error occurs and how to overcome this, Its very urgent for me,

Thanks in advance.

May 22, 2010 at 7:54 PM

I had a similar issue myself setting this up. Blogged about it here:

Basically, you need to either:

1. Ensure that your application has write access right to the Cache Path - you can configure this using the .CacheLocation property on the Flickr object.
  2. Disable the cache altogether (probably not sensible if you're downloading images) using the .CacheDisabled property of the Flickr object.
Jun 2, 2010 at 8:48 AM

You can also disable the cache and set the cache location in the config file - see the example config page:

Note, the newest version of the Flickr API does not provide the ability to download photos - it simply provides the URLs and allows you to download them yourself (for example using the WebClient methods). This means that downloaded photos are no longer part of the cache.