Deployment problem

Topics: Developer Forum
Oct 18, 2006 at 10:33 AM
I've implemented the first beta for my FlickrNet project and when I deployed it to my live host I get the following error message:

Access to the path "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Application Data\FlickrNet" is denied.

I just don't know what can be happening here because I do not have this path in my local machine neither in the live host machine.

Thanks for any help,
Oct 18, 2006 at 10:33 AM
Oh, it's a web application in .Net using FlickrNet API
Oct 19, 2006 at 7:57 AM
Its trying to create a local cache directory on the web server. Either disable the cache or set it to somewhere you have access to.

See the examples page for more details on setting cache details in the web.config file.
Oct 19, 2006 at 11:35 AM

Creating a new folder and pointing cache to it in web.config solved the problem, but, when I try to disable cache it raises the same error...

Thanks a lot,
Oct 19, 2006 at 3:36 PM
Not sure why that might be. If it works without disabling the cache then just use it like that. I can't think why disabling the cache should give the error though. Where are you disabling, web.config or code?
Oct 19, 2006 at 8:15 PM
I found that!

The problem is that if you disable de cache in the web.config file and the call (I forgot this code) Flickr.FlushCache() in code, the API tries to access the folder that is set for caching.

Oct 19, 2006 at 8:21 PM
Sorry.. that's not the problem...

I don't know, maybe I've made some combination of cacheDisabled and some other cache attribute in web.config that's not in my files anymore...

I mean, I changed the attribute both in my dev machine and in the server and could not get the error anymore...

sorry, some mistake I've done.