Tag Count Property

Topics: User Forum
Sep 20, 2006 at 9:55 PM
I'm using the following code to create a list of tags. It pulls the name, but the count always seems to be zero. Is there any way to populate the count with the number of images tagged with that tag?

Dim tagList As Tag() = myFlickr.TagsGetListUser(myFlickrId)
Dim eachTag As Tag
For Each eachTag In tagList
Me.lblTags.Text = Me.lblTags.Text & "<a href='default.aspx?query=" & eachTag.TagName & "&query_type=tags'>" & eachTag.TagName & "</a> "
Next
Coordinator
Sep 27, 2006 at 4:22 PM
No, this information isn't returned by Flickr.

The Count property is only returned for the TagsGetListUserPopular() method unfortunately.

Do you think TagsGetListUser() should just return string[] so as to avoid this confusion?
Sep 27, 2006 at 5:00 PM
Thanks, that is helpful. I will use that function instead. I'm obviously trying to build a tag cloud. (Know any good algorithms to produce the different sizes?)

I would recommend getting rid of that count property on TagsGetListUser if it will never return anything. It just confuses people like me! :-)

Thanks again.
Apr 17, 2008 at 2:20 AM
I agree, I just did the same thing. TagsGetListUserPopular brings back the correct photo count, while TagsGetListUser returns zero for all the counts.
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2008 at 9:37 AM
That's because event though I use the same Tag class to return the results for both those methods the Flickr API method doesn't return a count value for the TagsGetListUser method, so there is nothing to fill in.