Authgetfrob not matching flickr callback

Topics: Developer Forum
May 24, 2007 at 5:55 PM
So I am running a little aspx file that authenticates me succesfully, at least the first part. I redirect to the auth page and then back to my callback URL, but then I try to complete the authentication by authgetfrob and then authgettoken with that frob, but I get a flickr exception. I had my app print the frob that it is using to attemt the authgettoken call and the frob that I get from it (authgetfrob) is totally different from the frob that I see in my callback URL as ?12312423453 etc. I am not sure if I am even using the method properly there, but it works fine using the same code from a little c# app as opposed to off of the aspx page I have created.

Thanks for the time.
May 29, 2007 at 1:35 PM
Edited May 31, 2007 at 8:00 PM
With web based authentication you do not call AuthGetFrob at all, ever.

When your callback URL is called simply get the frob from the URL (Request.QueryString["frob"] should do it) and use that to call AuthGetToken.

Hope that helps.

May 31, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Thanks much, that got me back on track, very much appreciate the help. The little "frob" link in your post did not work for me though. Just said that "The wiki page '"frob"' does not exist." not sure if you are aware of that. But regardless of the link I got the authentication process working great now. On to making it do something :) Thanks again.

May 31, 2007 at 7:58 PM
Edited May 31, 2007 at 7:59 PM
Meant to be the following: Request.QueryString["frob"]