The relation between the example code and the source code..

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 21, 2007 at 3:09 PM
I am new to CodePlex and .NET 2.0. I am trying to user Flickr.Net in it's entirey, but I am having issues with the Source code. I am able to work with Flikcr.Net's example code because it has aspx files. (I went to here and clicked the "Download example Visual Studio 2005 Web Site here").

Unfortunately, there seems to be different code under the "release" and "source code" tab and the code is only .cs files with no corresponding aspx pages. ( Coming from a relativelye light .NET1.1 background, I have no clue how I am suppose to proceed. Can anyone give me any advice?
May 30, 2007 at 9:40 AM
The example web site you downloaded is just that, an example web site. It includes a copy of the FlickrNet API Library in the form of a binary dll (FlickrNet.dll), along with the web site files (those aspx files).

The source code tab provides you access to the latest source code for the FlickrNet API Library. This is not a web site, doesn't include any web pages and only contains the files needed to build the FlickrNet.dll file.

The release tab provides you with an archived copy of the source code, along with precompiled versions of the FlickrNet.dll in debug and release versions. Again, it doesn't contain any web site files.

Does that help?
May 30, 2007 at 11:24 AM
After some dedication, I realized my problem was a limited understanding of .NET. I figured it out, for the most part. Both the example web site and the source code are excellent. great job.