Photos.Latitude & Photos.Longitude

Topics: User Forum
May 1, 2007 at 4:25 PM
Hello,

I'm new to all this and worry that I am missing something obvious. I undertake a photo search and pass in "geotagged" as a tag. I then iterate through the photos that are returned and try and get the latitude and longitude but I always get back 0?

Is this expected behaviour? Am I missing something obvious? Any suggestion how I can get the lat and long of photos using the .NET API would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Rob
Coordinator
May 2, 2007 at 8:18 AM
2 things:

Some properties of a photo are only returned if you specifically request them. These are those properties specified in the "extras" parameter in the documentation on the Flickr web site.

Also, searching for the "geotagged" tag doesn't mean that the information is available via Flickr's Geolocation system (which doesn't use tags and doesn't require the geotagged tag).

There are therefore 3 scenarioes:

Photos tagged with "geotagged" which do not have latitude and longitude stored. These will likely have 'geo' tags which store the lat and long. (e.g. geo:lat=1.2345, geo:long=5.4321).
Photos tagged with "geotagged" which DO have latitude and longitude stored for them.
Photos without the "geotagged" tag which DO have latitude and longitude stored for them.

For 'correct' searching of geo data see the example here.
May 7, 2007 at 10:17 AM
Sam,

Thanks for the reply. The example was a massive help. I did look for examples before posting but clearly not hard enough!

Cheers.

Rob