Counter from the Flickr Homepage

Topics: Developer Forum
Dec 23, 2009 at 9:34 AM

My name is Dennis and im creating a iptv portal from Flickr. We want to have it the same design as Flickr itself.
I looked through the API and noticed that almost everything is in the API except the counters on the Flickr homepage.

The counter I mean are the counter right beneath the homepage image and the search field. (Last minute uploaded)

I there a way to receive these counter from the API?

Dec 23, 2009 at 9:51 AM

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what counters you are talking about. Are you talking about the actual Flickr homepage, or your photostream page?

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Sorry I was not clear enough.

When going to you see right beneath the random image and the search field a bar with: " 2.000 uploads in the last minute - 3.000 tagged with"
Is it possible to get these counters fromt eh Flickr API.

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Ah, you must be referring to the logged out homepage. No, I don't believe you can get those number directly.

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Is there a possibility to get them on anyway?

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Well you could make a call to PhotosGetRecent, or PhotosSearch with a min and max upload time of a minute - that might give you the first number.

You could call flickr.tags.getHotList to get a list of recent 'hot' tags, and then pick on and count how many photos have that tag?