How to Replace an existing Photo with new one

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 14, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Hi,

I have uploaded a photo. Now I want to replace this photo with new photo(Means my photoid will be same nut there will be different picture for this photoid). I am using following Code.

Dim f As Flickr = New Flickr   // api key and secret key are set in constructor
         f.AuthToken = Session("AUTH_TOKEN")

Dim result As String = ""
         result = f.ReplacePicture(filename, photoId)//    filename contains the path of the file where it is present on harddisk.It is set correctly.

when i execute thsi there is nothing in result.

I have delete permission for token so that there is no problem with auth token.

Using this token i can upload photo and delete  photo.  But I am unable to replace it. Please reply soon.

Regards

Coordinator
May 14, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Well it is quite possible that there is an error in my code, but seeing as you are replacing a photo the photoid doesn't change - so returning nothing is OK. However if it is returning nothing and the photo isn't being replaced then that is not OK.

Can you confirm the photo isn't being replaced, and that you have a Pro account (as none-pro users do not have permission to replace photos).

Sam

May 15, 2009 at 10:57 AM
Edited May 15, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Hi!

Really,really thankful to you for this detailed reply. Actually I don't have a pro account. So as you suggested this is the reason why photo was not replaced.

thanks.

Regards

Ulfat Hussain