How fast should I be able to upload

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Nov 2, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Hey All,

Has sam or someone else tried determining how fast they can upload photographs using flicker.net ? I tried a couple of experiments and what I observed is that there does not seem to be a lot of improvement in throughput if I upload photos sequentially and when I try to upload in parallel with the use of a TaskFactory as shown below.

Also I noticed that if I use the code below and try to upload more than 5 pictures at a time the call to the flickr endpoint times out. so I have basically been trying 5 uploads in parallel.

Is there something I can do to improve throughput? Whats the fastest I can get it to upload?

Thanks in advance
try
            {
                foreach (string file in files)
                {
                    tasks.Add(taskFactory.StartNew(() => UploadPicture(file, title, description, tags, isPublic, isFamily, isFriend)));
                }

Task.WaitAll(tasks.ToArray());
            }
            catch (AggregateException ex)
            {
                Console.WriteLine("Exception while uploading pictures with message {0}", ex.Message);
            }
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I've never tried to upload more then on image at a time personally.Have you tried using different instances of the Flickr class - just in case there are any issues in there.

Sam