Why I need to get right when I login every time?

Jan 12, 2009 at 1:41 AM
I use FlickrNet API to develop an application to upload photo to Flickr Web. After I login in Flickr, the login page will be redirected to a page to get write right to Flickr. I click OK, then a page will prompt me to close it. And I can operate Flickr normally.

But when I login again, the page to get right still come out. I still need to click get right button and then can operate Flickr. If I don't click the button, my application will throw a FlickrApiException with "Invalid frob" message when call AuthGetToken function. I checked my account's extended Flickr page and could see that my application has linked to my account and has right to write to Flickr.

I think I should get right when I login in Flickr with my application firstly. After I link my account with my application, I should login and don't need to click get right button again before I unlink my account from the application.

Do I have a way that can login in directly without more unnecessary operation such as get right evey time?

Thank you!
Jan 12, 2009 at 4:02 PM
You can store the Auth.Token that is returned and use that without having to keep redirecting the user to the Flickr web site.