FlickrNet.flickr does not contain definition for `PhotosSearch`

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I am trying to get the example code running for Win Phone 7.1, I get an error for the PhotosSearch method. I have added FlickrNet from NuGet. Am I missing something?
Flickr flickr = new Flickr("6317d8e0db3a555288202fe04b4f4972");
            PhotoSearchOptions options = new PhotoSearchOptions();
            options.BoundaryBox = new BoundaryBox(-1.7, 54.9, -1.4, 55.2); // Roughly Newcastle upon Type, England
            PhotoCollection photos = flickr.PhotosSearch(options);
            foreach(Photo photo in photos)
            {
              Console.WriteLine(String.Format("Photo \"{0}\" is at {1},{2}", photo.Title, photo.Latitude, photo.Longitude));
            }
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Have you managed to solve this yet? I'm not sure what the problem could be, as the FlickrNet library definitely includes a PhotosSearch method on the Flickr class.

Can you upgrade to Windows Phone 7.5? That might be the issue, I'm not sure.

Are you also sure you added the FlickrNet library for Windows Phone 7 to the project, and not the main FlickrNet library (as this is designed for WinForms/WPF/Web apps)?

Sam
Feb 22, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Yes, I did manage to get this sorted. The project was already win 8. I removed all libraries and added Flickr.net and Flickrnet WP7 and it worked.
May 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Edited May 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I tried to follow the above, but I think it is better to use async methods provided in the package like so

flickr.PhotosSearchAsync(options, result =>
            {
                if (result.HasError)
                {
                    MessageBox.Show("Error getting feed. Please try again Later.");
                }
                else
                {
                    photos = result.Result;