Flickr .NET API Key getting Expired

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Dec 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I had used Flickr .NET API in one Application,but now after few months when i try to use it i get a Message

Invalid API Key (the Key has Expired)

why is the key expiring,is there a way to get a permanent key?

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2012 at 8:16 AM

As far as I'm aware the only way that an API key expires is if the Flickr staff mark it as expired. This usually happens for one of two reasons - 1) you are calling the Flickr API too much, much more than the 1 query per second recommended limit or 2) your application is doing something it shouldn't be - either displaying more than 30 photos at a time, or not linking back to Flickr when displaying photos etc.

HTH

Sam

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Thanks.Will check

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 01:16:45 -0800
Subject: Re: Flickr .NET API Key getting Expired [FlickrNet:406423]

As far as I'm aware the only way that an API key expires is if the Flickr staff mark it as expired. This usually happens for one of two reasons - 1) you are calling the Flickr API too much, much more than the 1 query per second recommended limit or 2) your application is doing something it shouldn't be - either displaying more than 30 photos at a time, or not linking back to Flickr when displaying photos etc.
HTH
Sam
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (FlickrNet@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email FlickrNet@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com