Another annoying question on ASP.NET connection errors!

Oct 22, 2008 at 10:44 AM
Hi folks,
 Unfortunately with the latest release version of the Flickr API's (2.1.5.19851 but also with the older versions I have too) I get the following error in my ASP.NET web site:

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 68.142.214.24:80

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 68.142.214.24:80

Line 111:		Photos augmented_photos = flickr_instance.PhotosSearch(augmented_searchOptions);

Any ideas on what I can do? Would it be helpful if the latest "source" version was made into a release dll file? The source files just scare me! haha

I understand that you guys are really busy and only look at this site in your spare time, but if anyone could offer and suggestions or possible solutions, I'd be most grateful indeed.

Regards,
 Aiden
Coordinator
Nov 5, 2008 at 4:31 PM
Unfortunately there can be a large number of reasons for the error. Amongst them are things like firewalls or proxy servers not being configured correctly, or ISP's who block access to external web sites from within ASP.Net web sites they host (often referred to as 'Medium Trust').

Do any of those ring a bell?
Jan 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I tried few minutes ago to access my website www.rz2fotografia.com.br and I'm having the same problem. This website is hosted in www.uolhost.com.br, window server with framework 4.0.

This afternoon, maybe 3 hours ago, I was developing and testing in my localhost, and there was no problems.

Now I'm home and I don't have the source codes to debug, just tomorrow morning. But I have a question: is there a problem with my host, like firewall, proxy, or something else?

Can you help me?

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2012 at 9:56 AM

If it works from localhost, but doesn't from your hosting service then you need to talk to your hosting service, I'm afraid there isn't much I can do to help I'm afraid.

I couldn't actually see anything wrong on the site you listed.

Sam