Using Users with FlickrNet.Auth class

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:57 AM
Based on the advice in the documentation to cache a token once obtained, I thought it might be a good idea to create an entry in my settings file of type FlickrNet.Auth, to store the response from .AuthGetToken.  I can do this, but the only values that are serialized are the permissions and token.  In other words, the next time I run the app (it is a winforms app), the Auth object is retrieved, but the user is nothing.  I can save the User info in separate variables of course, but cannot repop the FoundUser property of the Auth object.

This seems curious to me, and I was just wondering what the intent was behind this.  How is the user information of the auth object intended to be used?   Does my question make any sense?

Thank you
Joe Kraft
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2008 at 10:26 AM
The intent was that the actual token string would be stored, and not the entire Auth object :)

I've made the required changes to the source code so this should now work.
Jul 8, 2008 at 3:44 PM
Thank you for your work on this Sam. I hope to return some small usefulness back to the community as well based on your library. 

I realized just after posting this last night that there were a couple of things different I could do, but thank you for clarifying that it is the token itself that was meant to be cached, not the whole object.

As far as changes you made, are those available in the code here in codeplex now?

Thanks again
Joe
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2008 at 10:03 PM
Yes, those changes are checked in.

I plan on doing a proper release soon as well.