Logout/SignOut from Filckr App

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 27, 2011 at 8:56 PM

I have created an Filckr app in windows phone 7 using C#. After the user has finished uploading the pictures the user should be able to logout of flickr account.

Please tell me a way to do that.

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2011 at 7:30 AM

The only thing you can do is delete the authentication token. There isn't really any other way to 'log out'.

Sam

Jul 28, 2011 at 7:36 AM

@ SAM: Thanks for your reply ...I guess we should include some function in the FIlckrNet API which will enable us to logout of flickr instead of deleting the authentication token from the code which is not a correct way.

can we request it some how ... please let me know

-Mugu

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2011 at 7:42 AM

No, really, I mean there is no physical way to 'log out' from Flickr for an application. There is no flickr.logout function to call.

For example on a browser the way you would 'log out' it to delete whatever cookie you have stored to indicate you are logged in. Likewise with an application all you can do is delete the authentication token you have stored.

Sam

Jul 28, 2011 at 8:30 AM

got it sam ...thanks for your help 

-Mugu

Jul 29, 2011 at 11:55 AM

now I have implemented the logout  functionality   just by setting the AuthenticationToken == null in the code. which seems to work well when I quit the app. 

But during sign in when I select the option "Keep me signed in " after setting the authentication token to null also I m able to login to my flickr account. I guess

when I select "Keep me signed in" the browser stores the values in cookies. Is there any way to delete the cookies so that I have a clean logout .. please suggest