uploadPhoto ioexception

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Apr 9, 2008 at 12:50 AM
Hey guy, I'm new here, I'm having an issue using flickrNET in c#.

Uploading photos occasionally throws an ioexception with the description _COMPlusExceptionCode = -532459699. I get it pretty randomly it seems, and about 50% of the time.

Its killing me and I can't find any info on it. Any help would be a lifesaver. Thanks.
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2008 at 2:12 PM
I've not come across this before.

Any idea which line the exception is thrown on?
Apr 9, 2008 at 11:46 PM
Not really sure, I'm just using the included dll, I think it was this line resStream.Write(dataBuffer, i, toUpload); don't have the line number though, sorry. It seems like the upload might be taking to long and timing out on flickrs side and they clsoe the connection. Just a though.
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2008 at 4:58 PM
Might be that. Would it be possible for you to download the source code and run against that instead of the downloaded DLL? (i.e. add the source code project to your solution and then add a project reference instead of a dll reference).
Apr 10, 2008 at 5:31 PM
I seem to have fixed the problem. Before I was uploading .BMPs of a pretty good size, and since I switched to converting the bmps into jpgs I haven't had the issue since. So it looks like the size of the file might of been the issue. Least for me at least. If It happens again I'll try what you suggested though, thanks.
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2008 at 10:52 PM
OK cool. Out of interest how big where the images and I'll try some tests at this end.

Sam