New Silverlight App

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 12, 2011 at 9:17 PM

I'm a new user of FlickrNET API Library. I've seen a few nice examples of how to use the library for aspx, but so far failed to find anything comprehensive for Silverlight. The stuff I used for aspx does not work in Silverlight, obviously. For example, the methods are async, so I use Lambda expressions.

My biggest problem right now is trying to see what is actually needed to get the thing work. I have API key and SharedSecret. I've read something about Frob, Auth, Token. I can run a call to fetch me a Frob, but I could not get the Auth to work (and, therefore, could not get the Token). Because it's all ASYNC, I've been using a nasty nested lambda expression. That didn't work. I've tried to get Frob separately, writing it down and using as a constant to get the Auth, but that didn't work either.

To redefine my problem into smaller questions:

1. What are the numbers/tokens/data pieces are needed in order to have a fully functional Silverlight app that interacts with Flickr (my account) by getting groups, sets, photos and, possibly, ratings and comments (the latter - both ways, i.e. get and set)?

2. How to get all these pieces of data in a sequence that works?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:59 AM
Edited Mar 15, 2011 at 12:59 AM

Never mind - I found the answer.:

Mar 15, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Glad you got that working.

With Silverlight you can also use the Desktop auth model I think as well, if you can open the auth URL in a new browser window.