photoset to private

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 3, 2011 at 5:27 AM

Hi

can we set photoset to private, actually i want to make my photoset to private so that no one can see my photos which are in the photoset , how can we achive this...

thanks and regards

salmaan

Coordinator
Feb 3, 2011 at 7:21 AM

Nothing to do with the Flickr API this one.

You simply need to set all the photos in the photoset as private. There are no privacy settings for a photoset itself.

Sam

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:59 AM
Edited Feb 3, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Ok thanks Sam...

one thing more as i am searching for photoset title, below is the code the thing is... i have 5 photoset  but when i am searching with the below code i am getting only 3 title out of 5..waiting for the reply as i am coding in C#.net for win forms..  photos count it is showing only 3 out of 5

====================================

PhotosetCollection photos = myFlickr.PhotosetsGetList("56738690@N06");

foreach (Photoset photo in photos)
            {
                MessageBox.Show("Title = " + photo.Title);

}

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:10 AM

hey Sam i got the answer ........

actually there is written that This method does not require authentication. without authentication it is showing 3 photos but when we do the authentication it is showing all photos i.e 5 photos correctly......

Coordinator
Feb 3, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Yes that's right. When it says "does not require authentication" it doesn't mean that you wont get different results if you do.

Sam

Feb 3, 2011 at 11:13 AM

hey sam

when i am uploading an image into the photoset below is the code ...by this code i can upload to the photostream as well as photoset , i need to upload only into the photoset , for that i need photoId  how can i get that .....

========================================================================

string file = @"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\Sample Pictures\Blue hills.jpg";
                          string title = "Test Photo";
                          string descripton = "This is the description of the photo";
                          string photoId = myFlickr.UploadPicture(file);

Photoset photo = myFlickr.PhotosetsCreate(title, descripton, photoId);

Coordinator
Feb 3, 2011 at 11:20 AM

I don't understand? You can't add a photo to a photoset that hasn't been uploaded yet. You upload to your photostream and then add it to the photoset.

Sam

Feb 3, 2011 at 11:43 AM

ok Sam..

by the above code i am able to to upload the photo to photostream after that using that  photoId i am uploading the same photo in the photoset but when i am retrieving the title of the photoset using below code it is not giving the title name of the photoset which i have uploaded recently and the count of the photos is also showing less than the actual one...

one thing more when i am deleting the uploaded photo from the photostream   the same photo is deleting from the photoset  also...

==========================

PhotosetCollection photos = myFlickr.PhotosetsGetList("56738690@N06");

foreach (Photoset photo in photos)
            {
                MessageBox.Show("Title = " + photo.Title);

}

Coordinator
Feb 3, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Two issues there. One will be caching again, as PhotosetsGetList will have cached the previous result, without the newly created photoset.

Secondly - a photo has to be in the photostream to be in a photoset - if you delete it from Flickr then of course it gets removed from the photosets, as it is no longer on Flickr.

Sam

Feb 3, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Thanks Sam ...