Making a simple search Help

Topics: User Forum
Nov 16, 2006 at 4:28 PM
Hello Guys,
I am trying to make a simple tag search using FlickrNet library and i've followed the examples from the site on how to do a simple search, but it seems that i am doing something wrong. I am receiving some results but i can't display them for some reason.
My code for the search goes:

protected void SearchButtonClick(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
string tagvalue;
tagvalue = TextBox1.Text;
string apikey = "My apikey"; // Here i actualy replace the value with the real one
string sharedSecret = "My sharedSecretKey"; // Same thing here
Flickr flickr = new Flickr(apikey,sharedSecret);
PhotoSearchOptions options = new PhotoSearchOptions();
options.Tags = tagvalue;
Photos photos = flickr.PhotosSearch(options);

if (photos.PhotoCollection == null)
PhotoRepeater.DataSource = new FlickrNet.Photo0;
else
PhotoRepeater.DataSource = photos.PhotoCollection;

PhotoRepeater.DataBind();

}

When i execute this nothing happens.

I also downloaded the example Website and tryied to run it but when i press the photo album button i get this exception "The proxy name could not be resolved: 'access2' (9999)" which comes from
FlickrNet.Photos photos = flickr.PhotosSearch(options);
in the PhotoAlbumCs.aspx.cs file.
I replaced in the web.config file the apikey and secret key with my own but i didn't change the UserId value because i can't find which one is mine. How can i find out that? So i left the default one.

Any clues guys?

Thanks

Alex
Coordinator
Nov 16, 2006 at 9:40 PM
Looks fine to me initially. I've uploaded a fixed version of the example web site, without my API key in, and also without the <proxy> line which is whats throwing the "access2 not found" error up for you.

Are you using the latest source - as I only just fixed a problem with data binding (data binding only binds to properties, not fields).

Another alternative is that there are no matching photos with that tag.
Nov 17, 2006 at 8:39 PM
Thank's a lot.
You where right i didn't have the latest release.
Downloaded the latest library and everything works fine.