Photosgetinfo and CPU 100% since 28 october 2010

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 29, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Hi since tonight each call to che photosgetinfo hangs the web application on the hosting provider and also on my test machine, where I can see the aspnetwp.exe going to100%.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Oct 29, 2010 at 2:55 PM

I have the same problem, I ended up disabling all my FlickrNet features for the time being.

Oct 29, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Same problem here. Was working fine yesterday but now consumes 100% cpu and never returns from the call.

Oct 29, 2010 at 6:24 PM
Edited Oct 29, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Hi.  I patched this.  Please see (and vote up) the last two issues in issuetracking and the last proposed patch submitted.  If it's not publicly viewable, let me know and I will post the changes.

The issue is that Flickr changed their XML schema yesterday.  Recent changes to FlickrNet introduced an infinite loop in the right conditions.  Hence the problems you're seeing.

EDIT: Well, let me just post this.

In PhotoInfo.cs, add:

case "publiceditability":

at line 333.  You should see:

case "publiceditability":
case "permissions":
   ParsePermissions(reader);
   break;

Then replace the six lines of code at 544 with these eight lines:

case "permcomment":
case "cancomment":
   PermissionComment = (PermissionComment)int.Parse(reader.Value, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo.InvariantInfo);
   break;
case "permaddmeta":
case "canaddmeta":
   PermissionAddMeta = (PermissionAddMeta)int.Parse(reader.Value, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo.InvariantInfo);
   break;
That will fix the immediate issue, but really the problem is the infinite loop, which I will leave up to Sam to address.  Hope that helps!

Oct 29, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Is it possible to have a compiled DLL with the latest changes since where I am now I can't compile anything but only connect to FTP of my server?

Thank you

Oct 29, 2010 at 9:33 PM
Edited Oct 29, 2010 at 9:36 PM

What framework version? Debug or release?

Oct 29, 2010 at 9:37 PM

.NET version 3.5

Release

Thank you very much

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Yeah, Flickr changed their XML while I was on holiday. Sorry fro the invonvenience.

The changes are in the source code, and the binaries should be released this afternoon.

Sam

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2010 at 11:08 PM

I've heard from Flickr - the publiceditability is not a replacement for permission, but a new addition.

Nov 6, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Brilliant!

Thanks Sam!