AuthCalcMobileUrlAsync - After login, it show "Flickr could not found a valid response URL"

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Oct 12, 2010 at 2:40 AM

Hi :-)

I have a question for Flickr.AuthCalcMobileUrlAsync,

it lead mobile to a yahoo login in page at browser.

After login in, the browser will return a message like "Flickr could not found a valid response URL".

Unlike Flickr.AuthCalcUrlAsync, it will navi to a authorize page.

here is me code.

//WebBrowser1.Navigate(new Uri(app.Flickr.AuthCalcUrlAsync(frob, FlickrNet.AuthLevel.Write))); 

WebBrowser1.Navigate(new Uri(app.Flickr.AuthCalcMobileUrlAsync(FlickrNet.AuthLevel.Write)));

Could some one tell me to how to use AuthCalcMobileUrlAsync correctly?

And I had set the "Mobile Application" to my API key.

Oct 12, 2010 at 7:21 AM

The naming of the method is a problem at the moment. It has nothing to do with using the "Mobile Application" setting for your API key. It is simply intended to use instead of for the web based authentication.

If you are using mobile authentication then you should have a compact URL of the format:

If however you are planning to do this on a modern smart phone with a built in browser (which the mobile authentication flow isn't really designed for) then you can use either the desktop or the web based authentication flow.

Does this answer your question?

Oct 12, 2010 at 8:07 AM
Edited Oct 14, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Dear Sam:

Thanks for your reply. :-)

There was an program called "Flickit Pro" on iPhone.

Its' authentication page is really friendly on mobile users.

There are some screenshot, my situation is after sign in, browser shows "Flickr could not found a valid response URL".

May I just make my authentication page as Flickr's o WP7?

Oct 12, 2010 at 8:20 AM

If you simply use either AuthCalcUrlAsync or AuthCalcWebUrlAsync and replace "" with "".

In fact, just to be annoying, I'm going to remove and rename these methods I think - I was never happy with them having Async on the end when they aren't asynchronous.

In the next release you will need to use AuthCalcUrlMobile or AuthCalcWebUrlMobile to return the mobile urls you want.

Oct 12, 2010 at 9:52 AM

It works!!

Great thank,

I am looking forward to your next release~

Oct 20, 2010 at 7:46 AM

Dear Sam:

The same like still lead the browser to normal web auth page since last week?

Is there is any wrong in this method?

Oct 22, 2010 at 7:28 AM

If the same URL ( is now showing a differently styled page than it used to then Flickr must be doing some kind of browser detection.