Please add a setter to your classes

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 13, 2010 at 11:45 PM

I use MVVM, and I commonly mock Sample Data for design time by creating mock instances of the items I will be binding to in runtime. However, your objects don't have setters...so I cant create for instance an instance of PhotoSet and assign it's title....

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Well seeing as you asked nicely, sure.

Checking into source code as we speak.

Sam

Sep 14, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Thank you sir, much appreciated! Life is so much easier in Exression Blend when you can see some good data in design time!

Jun 14, 2011 at 4:12 AM

Thanks again for adding the setters. There are still a few properties I need to set to get a design time experience, for instance the Photo.SquareThumbnailUrl and the PhotoSet.PhotosetSquareThumbnailUrl. These do not have a setter. Would it be possible to add one?

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2011 at 6:10 AM

Those are calculated fields based on the Server, Farm and Secret fields, so it wouldn't be possible to add a setter to them.

Sam

Jun 14, 2011 at 6:14 AM

Fair enough. My goal is to just get some valid URL in there that can be used in design time to see a valid Flickr thumbnail. Is it possible to figure out what I need to put in Server, Farm and Secret for that property to return the expected URL?

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2011 at 6:25 AM

Yeah, look at a real photo and check its Server, Farm and Secret properties. You'll also need the correct Photo ID.

URLs are calculated using this formula: http://www.flickr.com/services/api/misc.urls.html

Sam

Jun 15, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Hmmm. It almost works! I set Server, Farm, Secret, PhotoSetID and OwnerIDserver"5303"
farm"6"
secret"03122a76cd"
photosetid "72157626527254158"
ownerid "45356797@N08"

And get PhotosetSquareThumbnailUrl:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5303/03122a76cd_s.jpg"

In runtime it is

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5303/5614594462_03122a76cd_s.jpg

I.e. I am missing the 5614594462_ part

 

Jun 15, 2011 at 12:41 AM

However, if I also set PrimaryPhotoID it works! Yippee!

PrimaryPhotoID = "5614594462"