Additional Info Field

Topics: Developer Forum
Aug 13, 2010 at 9:23 AM
Hi - this is probably another stupid question but how do I set the "Additional Info" field for a photo? I've looked at the API and can't see anything obvious. TIA, Ronnie P.S. Keep up the good work on FlickrNet!
Aug 13, 2010 at 9:30 AM
Edited Aug 13, 2010 at 9:35 AM
Not sure what you mean - I don't see an "Additional Info" section on the new Flickr page.

If you mean the Meta data (such as camera model, and other embedded data) then that is returned by, Flickr.PhotosGetExif(). Otherwise you can call, Flickr.PhotosGetInfo() which returns pretty much everything else you can get.

If these don't refer to what you are talking about then give me some examples of the kind of data you are wanting to retrieve and I will let you know if you can get it.

Aug 13, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Hi Sam - thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

It's not the EXIF data I'm talking about.

On a photo page there is a section called Additional Info. In the new layout it is between the Tags section and the Owner Settings section. I think that it may have been in that location on the old Flickr photo page layout as well. If you edit a photo via Picnik and save as a new photo then the Additional Info field is where this information is displayed: "Uploaded using Picnik". As my application can upload and manage my photos I was wanting to use this field to display a similar string.

Aug 13, 2010 at 10:02 AM
The "Uploaded By" field displays the name of the application (in the Flickr App Garden) that uploaded the photo.

The App in the App Garden must be public for it to show up here.

I don't know of a way of getting the name of the app that uploaded a photo via the Flickr API. I don't think this is currently available.

Aug 13, 2010 at 10:26 AM
Ah - thanks Sam!
My application is still private atm as I still have a lot of wrinkles to get out of it and I can't be bothered doing a decent user guide :)