PhotosGetInfo for videos

Topics: Developer Forum
Jun 22, 2010 at 5:07 PM
Edited Jun 23, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Is this the correct method to call to obtain info on a Flickr video? I call this method and I get this error. 

Unknown element found: video

[ParsingException: Unknown element found: video]
   FlickrNet.PhotoInfo.LoadElements(XmlReader reader) +885
   FlickrNet.PhotoInfo.FlickrNet.IFlickrParsable.Load(XmlReader reader) +181
   FlickrNet.Flickr.GetResponse(Dictionary`2 parameters, TimeSpan cacheTimeout) +1302
   FlickrNet.Flickr.GetResponseCache(Dictionary`2 parameters) +116
   FlickrNet.Flickr.PhotosGetInfo(String photoId, String secret) +140

Calling this method with an id for a photo works as expected. I have tried it with multiple videos and none have worked.

edit: Or is the FlickrNet library not able to work with videos just yet? 

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Yes, that is the correct method but it appears there might be a bug. Are you using the latest version of the DLL?

Could you provide the photo ID for a video so I can write a test to get this working.

Sam

Jun 24, 2010 at 6:30 PM
Edited Jun 24, 2010 at 6:38 PM

I think I was using Beta 2. I've upgraded to Beta 3 and am still encountering the issue but this time the app just hangs when calling the function.

id: 2926486605

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8062570@N03/2926486605/

Calling the same function with an id for an image works immediately and as expected.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reddahliaphotos/4521474634/

Thanks for looking into this.

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2010 at 9:43 AM
Thanks. Well there is more information that I wasn't aware of returned by the PhotosGetInfo call for videos which I have added to the source. Beta 3 however should have solved your immediate problem by not throwing the exception when it found it - unless you downloaded the source and are using that? Sam
Jun 27, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Correct, I wasn't receiving the exception using Beta 3, it was just hanging on the request.

I've downloaded and built the source and I haven't encountered any problems yet. Thanks for the quick responses and code updates!