User authentication and permission

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 27, 2008 at 1:39 PM
Hi there,

First, I'd like to thank the people who created this API library, great job!!!

Now, I created this website (www.flickrsports.com) so users can upload their sports photos by state, city and group. And I need one more feature, that is to allow Flickr users to add their sports photos to my website: First, they would have to sign up to my website. So I'm thinking they could go to a page, and type their Flickr user id and gallery name, and tag name, and click upload, and this should search all photos for this user that match the tag, and these photos will be posted/stored in my website's db. The question: how does my website handle authentication/permission for the user?

Thanks a lot!
Sherwin
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2008 at 9:53 PM
Have you checked out the example web site (follow the examples link from the FlickrNet home page). Basically you redirect the user to the Flickr web site and it sends back a 'frob' which you can use to look up a token and get the users id.

Either that or you can just use the flickr.photos.search method to search based on their user id.
Jan 28, 2008 at 2:39 AM
Sam, thank you for your reply - I just tested your first suggestion and this is actually what I needed and much safer than the second suggestion. I will add this to my website this week.

Thanks a lot!!!