Proxy settings

Apr 26, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Hello,

My application is deployed on 2 servers. 1 windows 2003 IIS6 and 1 Windows 7 IIS7.5

On the 2003 server I have to add the proxy tag between the flicks settings tag. On my Windows 7 box default system.net proxy settings are used. Also when I remove the proxy settings on my Windows 7 box it keeps working even though I am behind a proxy/

Does anybody know why?

Have you seen this before?

Thanks in advance

Danny

Coordinator
Apr 26, 2010 at 5:48 PM

The .Net framework will inherit IE or wininet proxy setting if they are set (depending on if it is server or client type code I think).

Does that help?

Apr 26, 2010 at 6:01 PM

When I don't add the system.net default proxy in my web.config the .NET Framework doesn't use my setting in IE. My site will not start because it needs other content to. But why the separate setting between the flickr tages? This is the only way I get it to work. So I know have 2 <proxy settings in my web.config

Coordinator
Apr 26, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Server code (i.e. running in IIS) wont use IE setting because those are user setting, not available to the IIS process.

I was under the impression that my code should use the system.net proxy if it existed, but I might be wrong.