operation has timed-out. (9999)?

Topics: Developer Forum
Jul 30, 2007 at 9:13 AM
I have received this error using version 2.1.4 of FlickrNet . Which can be the reason? My code works correctly with the previous version .

Jul 30, 2007 at 5:44 PM
I have the same problem. The PhotosSearch() call produces the above exception in my case. The same code works well with the previous library.

I used a network analyzer and noticed the that the application connects correctly to the Flickr server but does not initiate an HTTP GET.

I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 and programming in C++.

Jul 30, 2007 at 8:38 PM
I think there is a bug. I've fixed it in the source code and will release a new set of binaries tomorrow.

Sorry for that.
Jul 31, 2007 at 8:16 AM
Hey! Don't worry.

Jul 31, 2007 at 10:17 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Jul 31, 2007 at 10:19 AM
Just to clarify, this appears to be a difference in the way .net and the Compact Framework handle ContentLength of 0, i.e. standard .Net seems to insist on a ContentLength set to 0, while the Compact Framework falls over if you do set it to 0.

Go figure.
Jul 31, 2007 at 10:44 AM
This post details the issue I was having. Setting ContentLength to 0 in Compact Framework caused an exception, so I wasn't setting it: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1afx2b0f.aspx.

However in the normal .Net Framework this causes the operation to timeout.

I will change it to get the request stream and explicitly close it.