Topics: User Forum
Sep 5, 2006 at 1:07 AM
Hi there,

First, I want to thank the devs for this library. It only took me a few minutes to get up and running and I didn't need to look at Flickr API at all.

Over the weekend, I was able to use FlickrNet to create and run a test gallery on my local PC. However, when I uploaded the site to my host, I'm getting an UnauthorizedAccessException that I found strange. I'm not even sure why FlickrNet would be accessing a local path. I'd appreciate any insight into this issue.

This is the exact error that I am getting on my host:

Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Application Data\FlickrNet' is denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Application Data\FlickrNet' is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

Line 31: FoundUser flickrUser = flickr.PeopleFindByUsername(user.FlickrName);
Line 32:
Line 33: Photosets photoSets = flickr.PhotosetsGetList(flickrUser.UserId);

Sep 5, 2006 at 1:22 AM
If I could delete this thread I would...

The answer's right on the examples page. I got it working. :P
Sep 5, 2006 at 8:12 AM
Glad the examples are helping :)
Sep 19, 2006 at 3:40 AM
If you don't mind me asking, but what exactly was the problem? The examples aren't helping me as much.
Sep 19, 2006 at 11:56 AM
Ah forget it, I found out the problem. It has something to do with caching, so I disabled it (I'm not using it anyways) or I just have to set the caching location to the web server root.